Darwin Perennials Day
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
THE PREMIER PERENNIALS EVENT!
See dozens of exciting new varieties from Darwin Perennials and Kieft Seed.
Meet leading perennial suppliers.
Discover the latest and greatest perennial trends.
Attend production and educational sessions.
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Grab ’n Go breakfast
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Meet with more than 20 perennial suppliers and see the big reveal of their 2020 lineups. Take advantage of show specials at the Supplier Showcase.
8:30 AM – Noon
Information Stations open for product demonstrations and displays:
9:00 AM and 11:00 AM
- New 2020 Darwin Perennials® varieties
- Zone 5 overwintered trial garden with commercial comparisons of top-selling perennials, including Coreopsis, Echinacea, and Salvia
- New 2020 First-Year-Flowering, retail-ready color from Kieft Seed™
- The latest in roses and flowering shrubs from Star® Roses and Plants
- Exciting Herb combos to create backyard patio inspiration with our Herb-A-Licious program
- Lavender Lifestyle & Scheduling – discover ways to use a growing trend with our high-impact Lavender
- Compare and contrast all the best vegetative Salvia on the market at the Salvia Station
- Fall Decorating & Scheduling – learn how growers, retailers and consumers can successfully execute a Fall perennial program
Premier Seed Lab and Landscape tours (1 hour)
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
“Top-Rated Plants and Trials from the Chicago Botanic Garden”
Come learn about the latest and greatest perennials and trials at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Speaker: Richard Hawke
, Plant Evaluation Manager and Associate Scientist, Chicago Botanic Garden
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Lunch under the tent
1:00 PM – 1:45 PM
“Grow like a Pro”
Tips and tricks to grow a successful perennial program, from start to finish.
Speakers: Chris Fifo and Dr. Todd Cavins
, Darwin Perennials Technical Advisors